Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Trav and aoxa inspired me to get outside taking pictures of my Catdance Blue Split pullet Gi Gi. I hatched her in March. Such a tiny little girl. She has gold leakage in her hackle and a bit on her primaries. I don't have a Blue male or Partridge male. Fixing her up will be a challenge. Anyone have suggestions?

Five months old. Do I need to sell her or buy her a mate? I have two Porcelain cockerels. One with a lot of Self Blue.

Beautiful =) But this one looks like a cockerel to me
wink.png
Hope you are being sarcastic ;)

I would put $100 on it being a pullet. Her brothers are obvious right now.

My F1 Partridge are 13 weeks and 11 weeks now. The boys are not great in colour at all, but almost all of the girls are pretty good for colour. I'm really pleased with them. I'm not sure which two males to keep, as none look partridge to me, and more buff with partridge in the tail and wings, but I have to start somewhere.

Here are some of the girls. First one is 13 weeks, and the other two are 11 weeks.

Love them!
Here is a March born pullet. What do ya think.

She is looking really nice!

9 weeks old. I think she has lots of potential.

She definitely looks like she has a lot of potential for a nine week old!
Trav and aoxa inspired me to get outside taking pictures of my Catdance Blue Split pullet Gi Gi. I hatched her in March. Such a tiny little girl. She has gold leakage in her hackle and a bit on her primaries. I don't have a Blue male or Partridge male. Fixing her up will be a challenge. Anyone have suggestions?

Five months old. Do I need to sell her or buy her a mate? I have two Porcelain cockerels. One with a lot of Self Blue.
Lovely! She needs a lav boy. :)

Guess what started hatching today!!!!!!!! One of three from my white trio!!! I had four but one recently died in the egg and the other two have already internally pipped.

Back
Top Bottom