Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Cute girls. You'll have fun with these !

The small pullet took best of breed beating out my white girl, Rachel last spring. She is a small, typey little thing. Just gorgeous. I left this morning planning on bringing home Donna's gorgeous partridge girl I fell in love with yesterday at the show, and maybe some pure blacks. I came home with all of her birds! I love my husband! lol

Getting ready for show. They didn't like the bath too much, but they all loved the blow dry!!!
smile.png

Didn't get a dry picture of this partridge girl. I took two but they were blurry because of her flapping and flopping around. (this should have been my first clue)
duc.gif

Show Time (our row)!

I took four of my girls.

My partridge girl sulked most of the day. I could not get a decent picture of her. She was definitely my problem child. She didn't want to eat or drink because she didn't like the plastic cups - just an all around DIVA!

This one decided she needed to lay an egg!

The other three girls were angels compared to Miss Diva. (here's another shot of the light gray)

At one point it was 107 degrees in the poultry barn so they released us two hours early. We were all panting! All in all we had a good day - stressful and tiring, but fun!
th.gif
The girls got Best of Variety (3) and Reserve of Variety (1).

Okay I couldn't resist posting this guy....my first love is the whites and this guy blew me away. His name is Streak and it took me a couple of months of begging Donna to get him. He is two years old and yes, he's hot and panting. Will get better pics when it isn't 200 degrees.

Very NICE!

And Donna's beautiful grays....

Love them! I am trying to work on gray myself.

Getting ready for show. They didn't like the bath too much, but they all loved the blow dry!!!
smile.png

Didn't get a dry picture of this partridge girl. I took two but they were blurry because of her flapping and flopping around. (this should have been my first clue)
duc.gif

Show Time (our row)!

I took four of my girls.

My partridge girl sulked most of the day. I could not get a decent picture of her. She was definitely my problem child. She didn't want to eat or drink because she didn't like the plastic cups - just an all around DIVA!

This one decided she needed to lay an egg!

The other three girls were angels compared to Miss Diva. (here's another shot of the light gray)

At one point it was 107 degrees in the poultry barn so they released us two hours early. We were all panting! All in all we had a good day - stressful and tiring, but fun!
th.gif
The girls got Best of Variety (3) and Reserve of Variety (1).
They are gorgeous!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom