Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Ok I need some input. I put 5 Silky eggs in my incubator. 2 of them hatched. 1 baby has absolutely no top knot while the other has a gorgeous top knot. The eggs came from really nice white parents. I wasn't really sure they were fertile since I had just gotten this trio. Also the one baby has the feathering on the feet, 5 toes etc but looks like its going to be a buff?? Is this normal with the Silkies?

Ok I need some input. I put 5 Silky eggs in my incubator. 2 of them hatched. 1 baby has absolutely no top knot while the other has a gorgeous top knot. The eggs came from really nice white parents. I wasn't really sure they were fertile since I had just gotten this trio. Also the one baby has the feathering on the feet, 5 toes etc but looks like its going to be a buff?? Is this normal with the Silkies?
Are they just hatched? Lack of a vault does not mean there won't be nice crest. It the chick down yellow? Some white silkies hatch with yellow down. It means they have gold, not silver ground, and don;t have the snow white down gene.

Are they just hatched? Lack of a vault does not mean there won't be nice crest. It the chick down yellow? Some white silkies hatch with yellow down. It means they have gold, not silver ground, and don;t have the snow white down gene.
Yes one of them hatched on Monday and the other one hatched on Tuesday. it looks kind of yellow with very light brown patches. The other one is white.

These are both perfectly normal .. by the time they are grown you probably wont be able to tell which one has the vaulted skull.  The one without  can have just a nice a crest as the other one depending on the genetics of the parents. 
Thank you so much! I am trying to breed nice Silkies. I will try to get some good pics of my trio.

What do y'all think of my hatchery bearded white silkie hen crossed with my non bearded show quality white silkie rooster's chicks?

Back
Top Bottom