Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

How old? He looks like a nice breeder, I would personally like to see more chest, and lower there too. If he is young that may improve. I see a lot of boys who are too "tall" for my taste. But nice shape otherwise. Looks like a nice comb too! He looks dark for a blue, but not black correct?

He is handsome. I like his body.

How's this? He's young i'm sure, barely has any spurs. I'm thinking under a year.
PS he was crowing that's why his wings are so low.

I also just got this guy yesterday, what do you think? He isn't the best "looker" but he'll be good to pair with Cindy Lou my other bowtie showgirl =)

My son got invited to a college biology class today to speak about his silkies. He's pretty nervous so I hope he doesn't freeze up. I have to work so I won't be there but my friend is taking him and supposed to take pictures. He decided to take his Gray, Sophia.

A couple of shots while grooming her yesterday.

Okay if you don't mind, I would love some HONEST critiques of my two babies
roll.png
haha every time I ask all people have to say is "so cute!" and "beautiful babies"
barnie.gif
LOL I appreciate the love but I do want some good honest critiques as well. So I gave them baths and took some pictures. Pay no attenton to the hunchedness and grouchiness in the first few pictures, they were angry with me
lol.png

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pics from Braxton's visit to a college biology class to talk about his chickens.

Waiting to go in. He seemed a bit nervous.

Taking her in.

His friend that invited him.

Cracking eggs to check for fertility.

People coming by to check her out.

Here's a couple of pics from Braxton's visit to a college biology class to talk about his chickens.

Waiting to go in. He seemed a bit nervous.

Taking her in.

His friend that invited him.

Cracking eggs to check for fertility.

People coming by to check her out.
How Super ! Braxton did a great job, I'm sure !

How's this? He's young i'm sure, barely has any spurs. I'm thinking under a year.
PS he was crowing that's why his wings are so low.

Not a bad breeder bird at all!

I also just got this guy yesterday, what do you think? He isn't the best "looker" but he'll be good to pair with Cindy Lou my other bowtie showgirl =)

I cannot comment on the white...I am no fan of showgirls and have no clue as to what would be ideal to breed to one. I would "think" however, that you might be able to find a nicer one.
hide.gif

Okay if you don't mind, I would love some HONEST critiques of my two babies
roll.png
haha every time I ask all people have to say is "so cute!" and "beautiful babies"
barnie.gif
LOL I appreciate the love but I do want some good honest critiques as well. So I gave them baths and took some pictures. Pay no attenton to the hunchedness and grouchiness in the first few pictures, they were angry with me
lol.png

At this age it is really anyone's guess but the wings worry me some. (Bottom pics). Foot feathering could be better. Pics of them not pouting so we can see their natural shape would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom