Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

@myhenSunrise

I don't have any Silkie chicks but I do have a white Silkie roo, a white hen and a gold hen. I plan to breed them next year. When you get them post some pics of them on Silkie Shenanigans a thread by me dedicated to purebred silkies.

Good luck with them!

critiques on mother son and chicks son is about 16 weeks chicks about 8 who should i keep for breeding and will i keep the mother for another year bred woth lovely white cock that can be kind of seen in the background of one of the pictures any critizism helpful give me your opinions on all the birds pictured

Last edited:
I myself have a white Silkie cock and a gold hen and after seeing your pics I want to cross them.

Question! How do you get your white silkies leges and belly back to being white?! I don't want to use something that's going to hurt her but I have no idea what to use?

A lot of people use blueing shampoo, you can usually find it in stores that sell dog and horse products. Just be sure to dilute it, or you and your Silkie will end up purple!

Hi can anyone help me out its my first time showing my three silkies. I have one black roo,white hen, black hen. Plz any advice

Back
Top Bottom