Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

light went out in my brooder last night lost all my less then month old chicks, its so sad work so hard and loose so much
Oh my gosh, that is terrible news and so heartbreaking! I'm so very sorry for the loss of all of those precious babies. :(

That worries me! I have been brooding out in the garage, but in the winter, tempting to bring them inside! Sigh.

Quote:
I keep mine in the house. The house just feels wrong without birds inside it ...
idunno.gif

So sorry Jessy that you lost your chicks...they are so fragile...
Wry neck well I think it can be genetic and if you have a vaulted skull a properly aimed peck can cause wry neck and sometimes ear infections/irritations can cause wry neck too...i would suspect genetic if you gat a lot of chicks with it from a certain line.

So sorry Jessy that you lost your chicks...they are so fragile...
Wry neck well I think it can be genetic and if you have a vaulted skull a properly aimed peck can cause wry neck and sometimes ear infections/irritations can cause wry neck too...i would suspect genetic if you gat a lot of chicks with it from a certain line.

my year old hen just got it all of a sudden so its not like i have a bunch of em from the same line

Back
Top Bottom