Silkie breeding pens

Gillfarms

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2023
I will be starting my silkie breeding projects soon. I have my first set of paint silkie eggs from Copperfield on their way. I plan on breeding paint And BBS. Can I see everyone's breeding pens? We have 5 acres and a LGD who protects the chickens. My thoughts was to alternate who I let free range every day since I'll only have 2 breeding pens. Can I everyone's set ups? How big of an area per bird if they'll be in there for stretches pdf 24-48 hours? Right now ask my chickens free range so I've never done breeding pens or even know the start of seeing one up.

I have not done breeding pens before. What are your goals? Will you sell what ever chicks hatch or will plan to show or?? I think that might affect how you want to do your set up.

I have not done breeding pens before. What are your goals? Will you sell what ever chicks hatch or will plan to show or?? I think that might affect how you want to do your set up.
I will be selling hatching eggs and chicks. I plan on doing various color pens. So need to keep colors seperated. Possibly local shows. I will be npip certified next year.

Back
Top Bottom