Silkie Chicken Eyes Swollen

s6uce

Hatching
Apr 16, 2024
One of my silkie chicken's eyes are slowly getting swollen and I have no idea the causation for it. She was broody however before it started happening, so I'm thinking that because she hasn't been taking care of herself, she easily got infected. I looked online for ways to aid her, one of them being Terramycin. The problem is I live in Cali where for some reason I need a prescription to get it. I don't want to go to a animal hospital and potentially have to pay just so I can have a ointment that only costs around $10. Are there any alternatives to terramycin? As well as is there any advice you guys can give me to help her? I really love this chicken and I can't bear to lose her.
Please, any help would be really appreciative. I'm new to taking care of chickens so any advice is highly appreciative.
IMG_9124.jpg
IMG_9123.jpg

I would rinse her eyes out with a saline solution to see if you can see any pus or anything in there, plus it will help soothe her eyes. If you don't have any, you can make some easy.

That's weird you can't get Terramycin there.

See if you can find Vetericyn eye gel or eye wash or another brand of antibiotic eye drops.

I hope she gets better soon!

Welcome to BYC! :frow

Back
Top Bottom