Silkie color genetics

Pics
**blush**

At first I was going to say "why not," then I looked it over. I do agree that you can't have some, but not all of the sex-linked genes in the same bird
roll.png
I am going to hope that I missed something in the text that mentioned that--I was just looking for an example of a punnett square with two genes to show the geometric progression.

Thanks for the headache guys...Way too much thinking to keep up with this post. Tons of useful information for Silkie breeders, just wish I had half the knowledge of the genetic people on here...

Can someone please post a pic of what a really GOOD Blue color is, the bird doesn't have to be perfect but I'd like to see the "perfect" Blue color.
Please if any can and will I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks

Quote:
Oh my gosh !! I LOVE her color!!!!!!!!!
I would ask what color her parents are but
that doesn't mean I could get this color from all that
I am reading.

Help! I just read this whole thread and I'm so confused...still! I'm in love with silkies and I want to learn everything I can about them, including breeding. I currently have a Black roo and two hens (one black and one white)...how can I tell the possible offsprings? English please!?!?! I am part blonde so I get confused easy sometimes.

Thanks in Advance

Back
Top Bottom