Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics

Not a great pic but roo or hen? Whatcha think?

4 week old Silkie X D'Uccle babies. I do believe that they are sex links and that the silver is a pullet and the gold a cockerel. Keeping them both and breeding them both to full silkies when they grow up...Fun Fun Fun! It is hard to see because they weren't being cooperative but they have fully feathered legs and feet like clown shoes. Working on getting them to like me but it's a process. Broody mama interferes and always stays between them and me when I get too close.

[/IMG][/IMG]Americana roo over bantam white silky hen hatched 8 eggs outta 8 but one chick died are these chicks worth keeping if so what color eggs could I get.Mom is ridiculous I incubated the eggs myself all she does I lay on eggs all the time which would be nice if I was letting her hatch them.Wondering what they'll look like sold the standard size chicks already are they worth keeping around as there not much more then pets at that size but maybe the chicks will be bigger as there dad was bigger.

Mom silky maybe a regular silky not a bantam seems bigger then the bantam weight I've seen online.A standard was listed as 1.5 to 3.5 lbs rather then 30oz. She is prolly a couple pounds.

[/IMG][/IMG]Americana roo over bantam white silky hen hatched 8 eggs outta 8 but one chick died are these chicks worth keeping if so what color eggs could I get.Mom is ridiculous I incubated the eggs myself all she does I lay on eggs all the time which would be nice if I was letting her hatch them.Wondering what they'll look like sold the standard size chicks already are they worth keeping around as there not much more then pets at that size but maybe the chicks will be bigger as there dad was bigger.

I don't know. I would wait & see.

Wow nice looking bird got the height from mom it looks like.Mine had a silky mom and we're about the size of normal silky chicks so I think mine r gonna stay small.Wish they would be white silky but normal hen size that would be cool.

I have a silkie cross and a pure silkie and they are the same age and the pure silkie is twice the size!!!!!!! :confused:

This is my EE Silkie cross. EE roo with Silkie mom. About 7 or 8 weeks old, hopefully a girl, we call her Road Runner for now she just runs so fast and looks kind of like a Road Runner. She has 5 toes, dark skin, little feathering on legs coming in, and a silkie face. She is always with her best buddy, same age, who we think is going to be a roo due to the plumping of the comb.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom