Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I have two silkie mixes from my white silkie hen and my EE. They both lay mint green eggs. a little larger than their mothers.

One of them is my profile picture.

Last edited:

This is my Silkie/EE hen, Callie. She just turned 1 last month. She lays a mint green egg. She's a wonderful layer. Every other day she gives me an egg. I have heard Silkie are not great layers, but her momma (A pure white Silkie) laid everyday.

Last edited:

Cuckoo Danver Sizzles.

hey guys since this is a silkie cross thread i have a question about genetics. i bought a trio of sizzles (silkie roo, white frizzle cochin hens are parents) but i was curios what i will get when i breed the roo to the hens i have. my thinking is about 25% silked birds and 75% frizzled that or 50/50 split. anyone have a idea what it would be

hey guys since this is a silkie cross thread i have a question about genetics. i bought a trio of sizzles (silkie roo, white frizzle cochin hens are parents) but i was curios what i will get when i breed the roo to the hens i have. my thinking is about 25% silked birds and 75% frizzled that or 50/50 split. anyone have a idea what it would be
If you breed frizzle to frizzle, you will get some birds that carry both copies of the frizzle gene. This produces birds with feathers that are brittle and sparse. Always breed a frizzle to a smooth.

Frizzle to silkie =50%smooth 50%smooth and you can breed frizzle to frizzle for 2or 3 generations until frazzled birds start to appear

Going to set some silkie/brahma cross eggs in the next couple of days. Moms are splash columbian buff (like a buff brahma with splash instead of black) and dad is a splash silkie. Should set 9-10 either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Is anyone doing Silkie x Ameraucana or Silkie x Sumatra this spring? If so, please let me know, I could really use those crosses for my project!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom