Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

see originally know theyre supposed to like other similar breeds (supposedly, as only seen it twice), so wondering if alot of to all these standard silkies are just left with the mutt genes they inherit from out crossing to get fancy features nowadays, as i asked about testing culling cockrels and most seemed dumbfounded and appalled. but silkies are originally supposed to be black all over and through and through (also seen alot better and actually useful "extra' toes, than on what passes for sq), as well as at least partially valued for functional high mineral etc and medicinal value. sooo all these fancy birds are just mongrels after all... or am i just gravely mistaken???

Last edited:
Quote:
well everything that isn't a red jungle foul or a grey jungle foul or a green jungle foul is a mongrel,

what makes a breed is the ability to pass on a set of traits reliably...

Like if I were to breed a lime green chicken
ep.gif
by mixing three other varieties, they would just be mutts until I was at a place where I could make them breed true- every time- and I could calculate the % green when mixed with known types (silver based white) (gold based black) etc.

Back
Top Bottom