Silkie early lockdown?

What would you do if you had this situation?

• Standard 21 day plan with lock down starting on day 18

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Early lockdown on day 17

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
So exciting...I hope everything goes well. I have 16 eggs in the incubator right now that I ordered from Florida, I'm in Idaho. They are due to hatch 1 week from today. They are brahmas. I'm looking forward to hear about your new babies :)

No pips or peeps...yet. Lol this waiting game is killing me. I'm absolutely sure my weird egg is dead, but my good egg is still kicking. I really hope it's not malpositioned! All of my cousin''s eggs were. 14 were unable to pip.

Most of the listings are $70 per dozen. I think I got discount eggs or something because I got my nine for $22 off eBay. I'm not into shows or breed standards, so I wasn't worried about that kind of quality. They came from a mixed color flock, so who knows what color my baby will be.

Lol worse come worse I have to wait until spring and get a couple from the hatchery.

I sent you a pm. And I'll have eggs and chicks available in spring too but it we're kinda far apart. Lol. I had two eggs that pip the wrong end this batch. One hatched fine, on its own and the other I needed to hatch myself. So keep me posted!!

My bad egg died early and my good egg died without external pip. I opened it up and his beak was clear, but he was dead... I was right when I thought he piped early, but I never heard him peep, so I left him alone...

My bad egg died early and my good egg died without external pip. I opened it up and his beak was clear, but he was dead... I was right when I thought he piped early, but I never heard him peep, so I left him alone...

Are you serious? I wonder when he pipped? When is the last time you candled? I know I'm bad but I have to candle once a day in lockdown. That way if I see an internal pip, I put it on the clock. If no external pip in 24-30 hrs, I make a small hole in the air cell for oxygen. Was the yolk absorbed??

I'm so sorry. I've lost an entire hatch that way. All were perfectly formed and ready to hatch but they all died. I think my humidity was too high :(

All the blood and yolk were absorbed and his beak was clear. He was ready. The humidity was around 70 before I open it and the inside of the air cell was dry... Further down it was not.

Back
Top Bottom