Silkie falling over

If they're on medicated feed, try some B vitamins.

That one leg forward one leg back makes me wonder about Marek's. Even if it's not, it does sound like a neuro problem.

It wasnt Mereks thankfully, but I do believe she got conked by her brother. I put her down because she didnt recover. After about 2 weeks, she still kept falling over.

Heres a google search that has suppliers.

https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&gs_rn=...or.r_qf.&fp=345ec6be39cf6daf&biw=1366&bih=643

Seems fish is high in it. I know some horse feeds have doses in it. You might want to take a look and see if its safe for chicken consumption. Some places have very low selenium, so horses start to eat dirt, thats when you know your horse is craving it.

http://www.agripurina.ca/eq/en/horse-feeds/feed-lines/3534-evolution-elite/index.jsp

Thank you- so where is the best place to buy the seleuim? I have fish oil ill try that too. My girls head is still on her back- beak facing tail.. So theirs still hope I suppose.

No problem
smile.png
I got my selenium from a pharmacy in the same section as the vitamins.

I bought the selenium yesterday so here's hoping. How many times a day do I give it? Currently I was giving vit e 3 times a day-, so do I just add this selenium and do it 3 times?

Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm sick at the moment but I give my chicken 25mcg once a day, some people said they give theirs 50 mcg once every other day. But I was worried that, that would cause a spike in selenium in the body every other day instead of a constant amount selenium so I give it daily. The bottle also says for people to take it daily so I thought that it may be metabolized to quickly to last multiple days but that is my take on the situation. Their are probably a million opinions on the subject but I hope it helps. Also I know if you give to much it can be harmful.

I also forgot to mention that I'm trying B complex now. I seems to be helping but he is still not able to walk straight. The improvement is mostly that he seems to have more energy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom