Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Congrats, Kathy!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Keep up the great work everybody!!!
bow.gif

Dale-Ann

Well hello guys! So excited to find this thread. I too have EE/silkie mixes but they look soooooo different. They have fluffy heads like the silkies and feathered legs but are dark, except for the little cockrel. I think he is a splash, mostly white with brown and black feathers. I will try to post pics so you can help me diagnosis just what he is...... So Excited to have found this thread!

I had to work today. Just got home .....

Hatched out 12 out of 13. One is an original, the rest are the next generation. The original hatched on its own, but then died. I also hatched 4 Orps, so they are also in the pictures (2 blue and 2 black).

31282_8-07-10_208.jpg

31282_8-07-10_215.jpg

Hey Everybody!!!
I have been reading the posts and keeping up with everyone's progress, looks like you are all doing a great job... I really hate that the person who bought my silkied AMs wanted to remain anonymous, figured she would have come out of the dark by now. The wheaton AM I hatched was so cute. Hope her color shows back up, it will be in the originals if it does.
I can't wait to see grown out pics of the next generations and then their chicks...
Has anyone noticed that they don't carry their tails like an Ameraucana? I have yet to see one hold its tail up, they look sullen all the time.
Keepin an eye one everyone...
Donna-Marie

Congratulations, Kathy! I'm so glad to finally see a really good hatch rate. I'm having no trouble hatching these 1st Gen chicks. Still having lots of trouble hatching the full-blood silkied amer.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom