Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

clap.gif
Congrats Kathy!

fl.gif
for batch #2.

This hatch is about finished. Not as good as last weekend, but still successful I feel. I have 7 fully hatched and 1 more is zipping. One or two (I think 2) are the originals and the others are the next generation. I did not help any of them hatch.

I started with 12 eggs. 2 bloodrings, 1 early quitter, 1 later quitter. Considering the incredible heat wave we have had this past month, I am surprised I got this many shipped eggs to hatch out. Pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, Missouri....I'm pretty sure I must have some long lost relative in Missouri...right? Now if I could only convince DH of that, I'd be in the car this afternoon to come "relieve" you of those precious little ones!

Quote:
Hello, I'm in Iowa, so probably within driving distance of you. I've been following this thread for quite a while waiting for the opportunity to join this project. I was planning to get eggs in the spring, but chicks would OK. How many were you thinking of sharing out?

Quote:
Hello, I'm in Iowa, so probably within driving distance of you. I've been following this thread for quite a while waiting for the opportunity to join this project. I was planning to get eggs in the spring, but chicks would OK. How many were you thinking of sharing out?

What part of Iowa? My husband drives through Iowa twice a month, to go to work in Wyoming and Nebraska. We have family in SW Iowa, where we are from. If you are interested in some of these chicks, send me a PM.

Here are some updated pictures of my recent hatch. Surprisingly, 3 of the originals hatched without help.

31282_8-24-10_034.jpg

31282_8-24-10_042.jpg

31282_8-24-10_045.jpg

The very first chick that hatched....

31282_8-24-10_028.jpg

31282_8-24-10_029.jpg

31282_8-24-10_024.jpg

31282_8-24-10_053.jpg

31282_8-24-10_054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom