Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's the one!
thumbsup.gif

It's true, you have to find what works for you. We all have the same goal!
smile.png
when I first did shipped eggs I had more early deaths from tilting and turning to early. I wait now and that seems to be working for me. I can't wait to candle tonight and see how the air cells look. A couple were whacked out! But I'll know better when it's dark and I can really see. What colors were you hatching again?

I ordered assorted colors so I'll find out when they hatch!

Candled my shipped eggs last night and 5 out of 6 look really good. Less than 2 weeks to go
1f423.png

That's great!!

I candled my eggs before I set them in the incubator, 2 nights ago. The air cells were horrible! :hit
Some were detached and rolling right down to the pointy end! Others were whacky shapes and shifting to the left and right. I'll admit, I've never set eggs that have looked so messed up. I'm going to treat them like little nicu eggs and barely touch them till hatch time. I'll candle on day 7 and see if air cells have reattached. I need lots of luck this hatch!!
:fl :fl :fl

That's great!!

I candled my eggs before I set them in the incubator, 2 nights ago. The air cells were horrible!
hit.gif

Some were detached and rolling right down to the pointy end! Others were whacky shapes and shifting to the left and right. I'll admit, I've never set eggs that have looked so messed up. I'm going to treat them like little nicu eggs and barely touch them till hatch time. I'll candle on day 7 and see if air cells have reattached. I need lots of luck this hatch!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I have some air sacs like that. I didn't start turning them until day 7 and they were still unsteady. We'll see if they hatch, as they were all fertile and growing according to my candling on day 8.

I have some air sacs like that. I didn't start turning them until day 7 and they were still unsteady. We'll see if they hatch, as they were all fertile and growing according to my candling on day 8.

That's my plan too! What day are you on now? I don't want to lock down with them upright. I'm hoping my day 18 they will be solid so I can lay them flat to hatch.

That's my plan too! What day are you on now? I don't want to lock down with them upright. I'm hoping my day 18 they will be solid so I can lay them flat to hatch.

Mine are one day from lockdown. I plan on having them upright, though at first I planned otherwise, because candling seemed to show the airsacs were still loose. I might set the eggs on the ground once they begin hatching, though I know I'm not suppose to open up the incubator so I guess we'll see.
smile.png
My plans often change at the last second.

My first hatch was ten weeks ago and it was silkies off eBay with bonus bantam Cochin(barred) and self blue oegb eggs. The eggs arrived in amazing shape(all airsacs in great shape none detached or loose). We ordered a dozen got three extra bantam eggs and 2 extra silkie eggs. 3 were clears/ infertile I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and they stayed around a few extra days. All of those were silkies. Which put our silkie numbers down to 11. And the three bantam eggs all of which I saw movement in at lockdown although one misc. bantam was very tiny(I later learned this egg had quit early on and the embryo was just sloshing around inside.) We lost two chicks that had pipped and one surprise egg(a self blue oegb) had to have an assisted hatch also for sticky chick. We also had one barred Cochin hatch. All in all I ended up with 8 chicks out of 17 with three eggs being infertile and 6 silkies. Congratulations everyone on all your eggs and your new hatches. Good luck.

My first hatch was ten weeks ago and it was silkies off eBay with bonus bantam Cochin(barred) and self blue oegb eggs. The eggs arrived in amazing shape(all airsacs in great shape none detached or loose). We ordered a dozen got three extra bantam eggs and 2 extra silkie eggs. 3 were clears/ infertile I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and they stayed around a few extra days. All of those were silkies. Which put our silkie numbers down to 11. And the three bantam eggs all of which I saw movement in at lockdown although one misc. bantam was very tiny(I later learned this egg had quit early on and the embryo was just sloshing around inside.) We lost two chicks that had pipped and one surprise egg(a self blue oegb) had to have an assisted hatch also for sticky chick. We also had one barred Cochin hatch. All in all I ended up with 8 chicks out of 17 with three eggs being infertile and 6 silkies. Congratulations everyone on all your eggs and your new hatches. Good luck.

Congrats on the hatch!
woot.gif

That's great!!

I candled my eggs before I set them in the incubator, 2 nights ago. The air cells were horrible!
hit.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Sorry to hear about their rough start. Crossing my fingers they surprise you!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom