Silkie June/July Hatch-Along!

:jumpy Here they are! :jumpy

I'm honestly so pleased with these little chicks, more hatched than I expected and they are so adorable.

I didn't know what to expect. It's my first time hatching my own chicks from my own Silkies.

I was a little worried about what my Cockerel would produce. There was no way I'd ever know 100% what genes he was hiding or if he'd even be successful in fertilising eggs.

The only thing I knew which was my main worry that there was a possibility he was hiding the 4 toes gene.

He fathered 6 of these chicks and only one hatched with 4 toes, the rest has 5. I'd only really worry if all his young hatched with 4 toes.

Unfortunately that chicks future won't be for showing or breeding purposes but it will definitely get a good home as a pet for someone.

My current Cockerel will be staying as my breeding male. Despite the 4 toes gene, he has produced some beautiful poofy chicks.

He also managed to produce some bearded chicks! I never knew two non bearded Silkies could produce bearded chicks :confused:

So, here they are!

Booted Bantam x D'Anvers:
(Unsure on the colour at the moment)
IMG_9822.JPG

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9824.JPG

Partridge Silkie:
(Not from my Cockerel. Was bred from 2 brown partridge Silkies but the chick looks more silver partridge with flecks of brown?)
IMG_9825.JPG

IMG_9826.JPG

IMG_9827.JPG

White Silkie 1:
(First chick to hatch, has nices toe feathering so far)
IMG_9828.JPG

IMG_9829.JPG

IMG_9830.JPG

White Silkie 2:
(I adore this one...)
IMG_9831.JPG

IMG_9832.JPG

IMG_9833.JPG

White Silkie 3:
IMG_9836.JPG

White Silkie 4:
(Possibly another keeper...)
IMG_9837.JPG

IMG_9838.JPG

White Silkie 5:
(The 4 toed chick, was the last one to hatch, still slightly damp on photo)
IMG_9844.JPG

IMG_9845.JPG

IMG_9846.JPG

White x Gold Silkie:
(Seems to be white with gold back streaks and a blue chest?)
IMG_9839.JPG

IMG_9840.JPG

IMG_9841.JPG

IMG_9842.JPG

IMG_9843.JPG

I still have PomPom sitting on 5 Silkie eggs and I've just put my other broody Silkie Audrey onto 4 Silkie eggs!

Back
Top Bottom