Silkie not able to bear weight

Ok so just regular human vitamins. I wasn’t sure if it had to be different. So I think it is neuro because his left leg is now shaking intermittently.

Ok so just regular human vitamins. I wasn’t sure if it had to be different. So I think it is neuro because his left leg is now shaking intermittently.
I figured with the position he was in, he may be having neurological issues.

Hopefully the vitamins will help pull him through, the E and B-Complex along with egg can help support the nerves. Give him his normal feed and keep him hydrated.

If he's unable to stay upright, you can also place him in a sling for monitored periods of time throughout the day. Sometimes this can be beneficial. Some birds can't tolerate being in a sling, but it's worth a try if he's struggling.
1702350439417.png
1702350457908.png

We went to the vet on Monday and he thinks that he may have a spine/spinal cord injury or perhaps had a stroke like event. He gave him a steroid shot to see if it would help. He will swing and kick his right leg in his sling but his left leg does not. He can move the left leg some but not near as much as the right. We are going to get another shot at the end of the week and see if it helps anymore.

Back
Top Bottom