Silkie pullets

Yes, I have used (and still use) the Kebonnixs Incubator. I also have a Nurture Right 360, so I will use that as a comparison.

Both incubators have essentially the same controls and work the same way. The last hatch I did I used both of my incubators, and had about a 2/3 (70%-ish) hatch rate, which was lower than I expected, and it was a big bummer. I set 34 eggs in total, and 15 hatched in the Nurture Right 360, and the other five hatched in the Kebonnixs. I put the eggs in the Kebonnixs without really preparing for it, so they went in without having the proper time to settle. I wasn’t too concerned with these ones since I already had the other 22 eggs in the Nurture Right, which I had prepared for. So, I think the higher hatch rate was due partially to that. I also think that both incubators may not have been cleaned properly, and less eggs hatched because of contamination.

I do not like how the floor of the Kebonnixs incubator is. It’s too slippery and smooth, and the only chicks I had that ended up having splayed leg were ones that hatched in there. Next time I will try to get some rubber shelf liner to put in there to prevent sliding and to give the chicks more grip.

But, I personally think that the Kebonnixs incubator is decent and it works pretty well. I’ve never been too concerned with humidity because I simply adjust it accordingly to about what it needs to be. I’ve never really checked the humidity reader for accuracy, but that is interesting that you said it reads five percent higher than it actually is…

Not sure for the chicks, but for incubators i really like the nurture right 360, in the store it is around $150, but you can get new, used once type incubators on facebook, which is nice. But whatever you do, PLEASE do not get a kobonnix incubator, bc every time i have used mine the chicks hatch with some disease or straddle leg or i get a literal 0% hatch rate. No kidding. Anyway, good luck!!:thumbsup
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom