silkie sexing

Oh yes, I think for sure that's a girl! She looks nice.

Good luck with the broody, my silkies try and try but can't hatch any live chicks. They want it so much, too. I think it has been too cold here.

Oh yes, I think for sure that's a girl! She looks nice.

Good luck with the broody, my silkies try and try but can't hatch any live chicks. They want it so much, too. I think it has been too cold here.
oh that's real good news! I was getting suspicious when the rooster did his mating dance around her and she squatted a few days ago whe I went to pick her up. I'm sure I'll get more than my share of cockerels from those eggs though
1f602.png
hmm have you candled the eggs to see if they were fertile? Last year I put around 25 silkie eggs in the incubator and not a single one even showed a sign of development. It's not till Silks went broody and hatched Sky did I get any silkie chicks last year. Yeah the cold might be part of the problem, the hens might take too long eating and stuff and then the embryos chill and die, but that's just a conjecture

Hi :)
So I recently just picked up these two cuties, it's my first time owning silkies the man I got them from said they are about 7 weeks old and he is 95% sure they are girls, I'm happy either way just wanted to know everyone else's opinion :) I'm so in love with them already!

Chick #1 (Bok Choy)

Chick #2 (Nay Nay)

Both together

Hi :)
So I recently just picked up these two cuties, it's my first time owning silkies the man I got them from said they are about 7 weeks old and he is 95% sure they are girls, I'm happy either way just wanted to know everyone else's opinion :) I'm so in love with them already!

Chick #1 (Bok Choy)

Chick #2 (Nay Nay)

Both together

I would say they both look like girls.

Another poster thinks I have a girl (top) and two boys. Can I bother you for a second opinion? I'll love them either way - unless they get tooo loud. :)
Three 5-week old silkies. Appreciate your time - y

This is my first time raising chickens. I have 2 beautiful buff orpingtons, Big Bird and Big Mama (definitely ladies) and 4 silkies that are 6-8 weeks old. I change my mind every day about what sex my silkies might be but overnight one of my girls, Marilyn, got a really red comb. Is she a he? I think that my other white one, Bowie, is going to end up a girl but I am also doubting my other 2 black ones, Princess Fiona and Nugget. I hope I don't end up with 3 rooster silkies out of 4! I can't have roosters where I live and I am already attached to all of them
love.gif
Anyways, I would love to know what you all think about my girls :) Here are some pics:
Marilyn

Bowie

Nugget (the baby)

Princess Fiona (and that's marilyn again next to her)

I am on page like 70 out of 400 something reading this thread every night trying to sex my silkies so thank you all for your help!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom