silkie sexing

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea as to the genders of these little guys? They are 5 1/2 weeks old. I got them from Tractor Supply so I know they aren't great quality and Zoe and Frosty have single combs. I posted pictures of the bottom two ( Chai and Carl ) in case you wanted to see, that is our fure sure hen and Roo, all of them are the same age. I could easily tell on Carl because of the early comb and wattle development.
I would appreciate ANY help, thanks so much in advance.

Zoe:

Snowbelle:

Frosty:

Frosty and Snowbelle, Frosty is on the right.

Carl:

Chai:

Also what about these can def see changes in combs

This one I'm convinced is a roo

Possible pullets??? Smaller combs and a bit smaller than the ones I suspect are Roos

Pile of silkies lol

Your first one (the buff) is definitely a pullet. The white one I can't really tell. The third and fourth silkies (partridge and black ones) look like roosters to me. All the others look like pullets but it's still a little early to tell so I may be wrong.

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea as to the genders of these little guys? They are 5 1/2 weeks old. I got them from Tractor Supply so I know they aren't great quality and Zoe and Frosty have single combs. I posted pictures of the bottom two ( Chai and Carl ) in case you wanted to see, that is our fure sure hen and Roo, all of them are the same age. I could easily tell on Carl because of the early comb and wattle development.
I would appreciate ANY help, thanks so much in advance.

Zoe:

Snowbelle:

Frosty:

Frosty and Snowbelle, Frosty is on the right.

Carl:

Chai:

Zoe looks like a rooster and Snowbelle looks like a pullet. Frosty I'm unsure about. If his/her comb continues to grow larger then he is probably a boy.

I started a separate thread but didn't get any traction. I'll try here. We have 2 white hatchery silkies, 11 weeks old. Any guesses on sex? One has more feathered legs than the other, which is how we tell them apart.

And a couple solo pics:

Last edited:
I'll see if I can get a better pic of their combs. This is the best I have right now, but from a few weeks ago (hanging out with their little cochin bantam roo buddies).

Last edited:
It's hard to tell because they're white and being white if their heads line up with their backs in the pics it can hide any streamers or lack thereof but I'm guessing they're both pullets

Back
Top Bottom