silkie sexing

With momma:

Splash:

Blue:

With dad:

They are 17weeks and have not started crowing, but i think at least the splash is a cockerel, maybe also the blue. This will make 3 for 3 if they are, which kind of sucks. I'm trying to breed for more hens, not for eggs, but to raise our egg and meat birds. I'd rather let the hen do it and my 2 current silkie hens are great mommas.

I have some better pictures of my 3 month old silkies. Any idea if they are male or female?
Silkie1: Smidgen
[/IMG]

Silkie2: Rocky

Last edited:
Two Silkies around 8-9 weeks old. I was hoping someone could give me some guidance, I'm thinking one of them might be a roo. I can retake some photos if they're not helpful. I'd really appreciate some input
big_smile.png

Any thoughts on this one

The other silkie with the rounded head is quite aggressive. These guys were added to my flock of five that already had created their pecking order. The two of them got into it a little bit at first. They are almost the same age. Not sure if the leader of the old "pack" is a male or female. I keep going back and forth tho I do have a roo

Last edited:
Any thoughts on this one

You have a roo I'm afraid the white one looking towards the camera is. Even with it blurry I can see the roosters comb. He's cute though

The other silkie with the rounded head is quite aggressive. These guys were added to my flock of five that already had created their pecking order. The two of them got into it a little bit at first. They are almost the same age. Not sure if the leader of the old "pack" is a male or female. I keep going back and forth tho I do have a roo

Back
Top Bottom