silkie sexing

Pics
Signing chickens can't really tell yet. Probably wont be but another month or two though. I see you are close to me. Where are you getting your silkies from?

I get them from a great lady between Milton and Pace who always has healthy birds. These two are lovers. I also got a 3 week old, white silkie that day. Later that day I got a lavender from a girl in E Milton.

I would agree with you. My partridge boy, at about that age, had a similar comb.
do you think if the rest of my chicks are much smaller with no evidence of a comb itsunami safe to say they are girls .. there is only one odd ball , this is the one who has me stumped also 11 weeks old only a bit smaller then the one above but everything else about her looks girlish to me

I know its way too early to sex these 3 chicks (they are 3 weeks old), but I have my guesses based on the combs as to whether they are boys or girls. I am curious if others see the same, and whether the way the combs look now will be an accurate judge of the sex in a few months.

Also, the Pic at the bottom shows all threed from above. I know one is a partridge, one I think is going to be white, but the one I thought was blue (the bearded chick) seems to be turning almost white. Any ideas on what the colors will be?

chick 1

chick 2

chick 3

chicks 3, 2, 1

I know its way too early to sex these 3 chicks (they are 3 weeks old), but I have my guesses based on the combs as to whether they are boys or girls. I am curious if others see the same, and whether the way the combs look now will be an accurate judge of the sex in a few months. Also, the Pic at the bottom shows all threed from above. I know one is a partridge, one I think is going to be white, but the one I thought was blue (the bearded chick) seems to be turning almost white. Any ideas on what the colors will be? chick 1 chick 2 chick 3 chicks 3, 2, 1
Based on the way my 4 turned out chick 1s comb is looking how my Roos comb looked at that age and your blue is looking like he is gonna turn white. My "splash" had the same color almost and he turned white. Your partridge looks like a normal one, mine looked like a baby quail for awhile then started getting that grey rabbit color. The breeder doesn't raise that color so he was kinda surprised when he had a brown one in the batch.

Just curious.... at what age does a roo start crowing? This is my blue chick I call "foxy Roxy" however "Roxy's" comb is much much larger than my splash's comb...fair to say I might need to change it's name to "rocky"?

Any chance this is a pullet? We've thought it was a roo for a while, but the other roo that hatched the same day has been crowing for quite a while and has a bigger comb. Maybe this one is just maturing more slowly? It's almost 4 months old and from Catdance. thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom