silkie sexing

Pics
boy?? or girl?? Somewhere around 10 weeks old.

Hahaha these pictures made me laugh! Your chick is a cutie :)
I can't really tell, if you really want a guess I would take another pic of his/hers comb, more up close. But it would just be a guess. But probably in the next couple weeks, you will begin to see a couple change in your silkies that could determine gender.

Ok Ive got 3 silkies . No clue as to there sex maybe you guys/gals can tell me not much experience here!

#1 Is the Buff we call (him/her) Cheeps!
Its kinda smaller than the rest so I was thinking a girl

Is 1of 2 white Silkies

#3 Is the 2nd white Silkie ,
The way it stands looks like he could be a male but I really have no clue .

Ok Ive got 3 silkies . No clue as to there sex maybe you guys/gals can tell me not much experience here!

Is 1of 2 white Silkies

Cheeps is a Partridge Silkie, not buff. Cheeps , from the coloring looks like a girl to me.

This is the two together
Right now they look like girls, but how old are they?

Is 1of 2 white Silkies

How old are all of them? Just from these pictures your partridge looks like a girl, the first white one looks like a boy (I think I see some streamers coming in) and the second white I think may be a boy as well. But it really depends on age. Is there a chance you can get a pic of the 2nd white ones comb and the back of his/hers head?
I need help sexing this Silkie. I'm pretty sure it's a male. I already know the sex of his/her siblings.

The comb looks pretty prominent....but how old?

Silkiemelon, he/ she is five and a half months.
In that case I do believe he is in fact a he. When I look close on the first pic of him, I think I spot streamers.
Sometimes non-bearded girls have bigger combs and wattles, so I was more so looking for the streamers to be a factor.
Unless those aren't streamers...it's hard to see in the picture but I am 80% it's a cockerel.
They were bought pol in late sep/ early oct so they are now 32-36 weeks
Then I do believe you have 2 pullets on your hands! They should start laying any day now.

Back
Top Bottom