silkie sexing

Pics
Quote: Definitely a pullet. She seems to have a nice poofy crest too!

I sure hope you are right!!! I bought one hen, one Cockerel and two too young to tells :) One Im fairly sure is a cockerel...this one has been hard.. if it isnt a pullet it is going to be a pretty boy!

Can some one please give me a guess as to what type and sex these "LADIES" may be....I know they are silkies, maybe buff and black?

noooooooo.

it's just a guess, they are young... think GIRL
fl.gif

i know i know, im optimistic, but so far my favorite is the buff....the black one, not so much, maybe she just has to get used to me. Raised them from birth.

i know i know, im optimistic, but so far my favorite is the buff....the black one, not so much, maybe she just has to get used to me. Raised them from birth.
Just speaking for myself here but I find my boy chicks more friendly when they are little. Not always but most of the time for me. They are very young but the black one looks pretty girly to me!

buff looks like a cockerel soo sorry! happened to me too with my buff. i had to re home mine. black one i cant tell yet. best of luck.

my cockerels were really friendly too. I've noticed a bit more friendly than my pullets we're. silkie cockerels are really sweet

Back
Top Bottom