silkie sexing

Pics
loo. Male or female?

Last edited:
Hello fellow silkie fans! :) About a week ago or more I posted a pic of my first pair of silkies. (I got one more that I also posted.)
Anyway- today while I was feeding all my chicas treats (my silkies finally are eating them)I noticed a big difference in their wings. I took a picture and I hoped this might help decode the sexes of them.
Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

Silkiemelon- here is one of the comb-

Hello fellow silkie fans!
smile.png
About a week ago or more I posted a pic of my first pair of silkies. (I got one more that I also posted.)
Anyway- today while I was feeding all my chicas treats (my silkies finally are eating them)I noticed a big difference in their wings. I took a picture and I hoped this might help decode the sexes of them.
Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!
I don't think wing span means anything...I could be wrong! I've just never heard of it before. As for the top picture, it's a little blurry, but I'm going to go with pullet...? They seem a little too young to tell. But in a few weeks I bet you will know for sure what they are.

hey all, just got these babies yesterday and they are supposed to be 6 Weeks old but the size difference is huge! What do u think? Male? Female? And are they right on age?

Hi jessishatley, the silkies above in my hand are 6wks old all three of them so of your biggest one is that size then I would say its that age, if the little one is that size then I would say the bigger one is a few weeks older for sure.

Thanks! That's what I'm afraid of....the larger one should be 6 Weeks then and the other one is a tad younger....i guess I need to plug up the brood light again:/ bummer!
Hi jessishatley, the silkies above in my hand are 6wks old all three of them so of your biggest one is that size then I would say its that age, if the little one is that size then I would say the bigger one is a few weeks older for sure.
Thanks! That's what I'm afraid of....the larger one should be 6 Weeks then and the other one is a tad younger....i guess I need to plug up the brood light again:/ bummer]

loo. Male or female?
That's a big comb but that's a lil chicken too. I'm guessing male just on the comb.

These are my about 12 week old partridge silkies. I have no clue if they are boys are girls.

And number 2:

You can click on the pics to see them in bigger detail. I'm hoping they aren't both boys or I'll have to rehome them. I have a white rooster already (Biff) who is the master of his domain. I inherited a red silkie rooster (Marty McFly) from someone who was going to butcher him and have since had to separate them. They fight with each other (as only their names would imply of course...hehe) and aren't friends. Any more roosters and I think I'd have civil war on my hands.

But any educated guesses would be much appreciated. These lil guys/girls are sure hard to pin down.

This one is Loo, male or female?
pumpkin, male or female
spike, male or female?
The grey ones here are 6 wks old and the white are 3 wks. too early to try and even sex the other ones.

Back
Top Bottom