silkie sexing

Thank for the input!
B
jørn has recently become significantly more red in color than Bjørk. It's the only way I can tell them apart these days.
smile.png

Thank for the input! Bjørn has recently become significantly more red in color than B jørk. It's the only way I can tell them apart these days.
smile.png
Sounds like you have a pigeon pair then :) Were he regular feathered you would start to notice the feathers in his tail, neck and back getting longer and thinner but not sure about with silkies if u can still see that. There is a whole thread just for partridge silkies here somewhere too if you want more info on them.

My suspected roo, pic above doesnt act very rooish. No crow. scared of my hens who pick on it. is this normal?

My Roos will be 16 weeks tomorrow and only 1 of the 3 is crowing and the other 2 don't seem any closer to crowing. The one I have that is crowing just started a week ago

but if I have six roos, I'm going to have to build a bachelor pad if that's too many roos for a flock of 32 chickens. I'm guessing it is.

Actually, six roos for a flock of 32 is just fine - IF all of the others are hens. That gives them a little more than 5 hens per rooster, which is right about what they recommend.

Since we separated Albedo from the rest of the silkies, Willow has finally crowed. So he's definitely a boy. He was my only hope for a hen :C 'cause I'm pretty sure Gracey is a roo too. Dang...

love this silkie!! sorry to hear about you getting all roosters.
He's gorgeous, isn't he!? I'm tempted to keep him for the sake of breeding, especially if I can get my hands on a silkie hen.
He's not very personable, especially in comparison to my white rooster, Albedo!

He stays close to me too!

Though, I am not entirely sure he'll stay this way. I sure hope so!

Back
Top Bottom