silkie sexing

Really!! Mine is 11wks and nothing yet!!! Maybe I have a little more time with him or he has everyone fooled and he's a she!!!
idunno.gif

That's right I remember him now. He is the one that looks like my nugget. Are you not allowed Roos? Their crows aren't as loud as regular Roos

No, I'm in a neighborhood and I don't think that would work out well
hide.gif
. They are working on a new chicken ordnance to allow roos but who knows when that will be approved?? I watched them eat tonight and all the girls and the Muscovy's were chowing down and poor Scootalu couldn't squeeze in anywhere. He/She stuck his head between BA and BO and grabbed a meal worm and ran off. I see tiny waddles and the comb is a little wide but they aren't turning red yet. And still not seeing the roo behavior? How's nugget?? Any changes??

Last edited:
No, I'm in a neighborhood and I don't think that would work out well :oops: .  They are working on a new chicken ordnance to allow roos but who knows when that will be approved??  I watched them eat tonight and all the girls and the Muscovy's were chowing down and poor Scootalu couldn't squeeze in anywhere.  He/She stuck his head between BA and BO and grabbed a meal worm and ran off.  I see tiny waddles and the comb is a little wide but they aren't turning red yet. And still not seeing the roo behavior?  How's nugget?? Any changes??

Nugget is good, he charged at me twice a few days ago but other than that he is def a mommy's boy! My other 2 Roos haven't started crowing yet but I heard if you separate them they will start crowing so I def won't be separating them lol! We got new chicks & ducks today so they will have some new girlfriends soon! Cause I'm sure 1 pullet for 3 Roos isn't gonna fly

So if there are no bumps on the comb would that mean pullet?  I have three 14 week olds that I believe are pullets, they have black combs and all the same size with no big bumps. 

My pullet has bumps but not huge. They started growing in the last few weeks. You have pics of them?

Back
Top Bottom