silkie sexing

A question not to do with sexing but my hen the mother is picking on her 18 week old chick. iv never seen a mother pick on her chick even when fully grown anyone else have this?

Here are a few (not so great) pictures of one of our 2 silkies. They are 9ish Weeks old...heres hoping for a hen or two =)

I have three that I have no clue what they are. I was thinking the black was a rooster and one of the two blues is a rooster, but now I just don't know. None of them have a large comb. I'll try and group the pictures, and I couldn't get great pictures since they don't like coming close to me. I want to sell them, but no one wants any that aren't sexed.

Black:

In the first two pictures, the blue closest to the camera is who I call big blue. Big blue is pictured in the third picture.

I also have a paint that I'm pretty sure is a hen.

Hi, My silkies are 9 weeks and I'm wondering about the black one. The blue looks and acts like a hen. Any opinions or guesses appreciated.

Yeah, the comb is much bigger on my black one. I see yours is too and was hoping it's a black silkie trait but doubtful.
Wish we lived closer, I want a white one and see you are selling them. It would be nice to get one the same age.

Back
Top Bottom