silkie sexing

Hmm I think that one may also be a roo. The comb and wattles are starting to go red and the deep red on the wings is a rooster colour. It is a partridge.

I was thinking the same thing.

Thank you for your guesses. I was afraid it is also a roo. It seems I have now four silkie roos and zero hens
hit.gif

Thank you for your guesses. I was afraid it is also a roo. It seems I have now four silkie roos and zero hens
hit.gif
I ended up with 3 Roos out of 4. My second one just started crowing this morning. Sounded like my Maltese was howling, he still has some work to do on that crow!

Does this 10 week old silkie look like a hen? I don't have any other pictures- this is all the breeder took. I'm going to visit her on Sunday to see this one and a few others she has to hopefully get a hen or two since all three of my silkies turned out to be roosters. :)

Speaking of them, here are new pictures...

Nightshade (formerly Gracey... still unsure whether I'll keep the rename "Nightshade" or not or choose a different name)

Willow

Willow crows, Nightshade, does not.

Oh and extra picture of Albedo- the only one who didn't give me trouble with his sex.

Y'see why? haha!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom