silkie sexing

I just pray my darling roo never crows. i cant keep roos in my area. but i love him soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

X2. They all crow eventually. If you love him so much would it be an option for you to keep him inside the house overnight then he won't wake the neighbours at 4am. He would still crow in the daytime though.

Tricoglossus is right. If you really want to keep him let him sleep inside at night. Unless your coop has thick walls. Mine are inside (we are waiting on their coop to be built, should be here in a couple weeks) at the other end of the house and I don't hear them unless I'm up and in the living room and even then it's not that loud. Mine do crow in the middle of the day once on awhile but not near as bad first thing in the morning.

A question not to do with sexing but my hen the mother is picking on her 18 week old chick. iv never seen a mother pick on her chick even when fully grown anyone else have this?

My hen picked on a chick that turned out to be a roo, and he is the most annoying roo lol, he runs around tripping all the hens over and taking food right out of their mouths, and he's too fast for any of them to catch, and all of the hens peck him when he gets too close now

Could you help me to sex my silkie? It is probably about 3 month old. I hope so much it is a she because I love the colour. My other three silkies are white and at least two of them are roos :( On the last picture it is with my other chicks. It is obvious its wattles are smaller than the white silkie's who is beside it. May it mean it is a pullet? And how do you name its colour? Is it partridge? Its real colour is shown on the first two pictures. Other two are are taken with other camera and at different time. That is why the colour isn't the same.
partridge hen

Does this 10 week old silkie look like a hen? I don't have any other pictures- this is all the breeder took. I'm going to visit her on Sunday to see this one and a few others she has to hopefully get a hen or two since all three of my silkies turned out to be roosters. :)
Speaking of them, here are new pictures...​
Nightshade (formerly Gracey... still unsure whether I'll keep the rename "Nightshade" or not or choose a different name)​
Willow​
Willow crows, Nightshade, does not.​
Oh and extra picture of Albedo- the only one who didn't give me trouble with his sex.​
Y'see why? haha!​
hen

10 weeks old- click for bigger sizes of course.

Same girl I posted earlier- this was the facebook picture.

She's a pullet right? Oh god if she's not I am gunna be heartbroken and curse myself for buying her D:
I'm so afraid I made a bad decision in getting her. Her name was Desiree, but it'll be Sunflower now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom