silkie sexing

My non-bearded is a pullet and she looks like this:
Wow your hens have big wattles. I have only seen that colour in Roos.

I only have two Silkies, one bearded, one non. Both are pullets; both have been caught laying eggs and both are currently sitting on eggs. They aren't good quality as far as I can tell (ordered them through a feed store), but that doesn't matter to me. They're my pets and my babies no matter what they look like.

This is the bearded one. And the pics are kind of old. At least a couple months maybe.

I was actually responding to Yvonne 13's request to help sex her silkie. The comment I made about your silkies wattles was not intended to offend, simply an observation . If yours are laying eggs then you have nothing to worry about!

I was actually responding to Yvonne 13's request to help sex her silkie. The comment I made about your silkies wattles was not intended to offend, simply an observation . If yours are laying eggs then you have nothing to worry about!
I wasn't offended by the comment. I was just saying that I personally don't care about her wattles, where most people probably would. Sometimes my straight forward way of talking/typing seems to have an offended tone to it, maybe?

But yeah, Yvonne's could probably go either way, in my opinion. May not know until you either get an egg or a crow.

I wasn't offended by the comment. I was just saying that I personally don't care about her wattles, where most people probably would. Sometimes my straight forward way of talking/typing seems to have an offended tone to it, maybe?

But yeah, Yvonne's could probably go either way, in my opinion. May not know until you either get an egg or a crow.

Phew, I'm glad you weren't offended. I personally have never seen an ugly silkie, I think they are all gorgeous. With my line , red wattles mean roo. But never say never, my friend has a leghorn hen with 1 inch spurs. As you say, crow or egg! :)

I don't have the greatest pics but any guesses?

I think they are too young and I need close ups but if I had to guess I would say in the second picture: first one rooter, second one pullet, the one behind the second one can't see, the one next to the one behind the second one is pullet and the one running the oppset direction pullet.I maybe wrong sorry I am not professional!
hu.gif
sorry I am just starting up with silkies.

Back
Top Bottom