silkie sexing

I really hope so. I have 4 white hens now. I am hoping one of these new chicks is a roo, or I will have to find a white roo. I would like to find a partridge roo also. I may get in over my head this year. Breeding blues, partridge, whites, and blacks lol

I'm pretty sure that your partridge is a pullet, her comb and crest are very feminine. She's a nice looking girl.
smile.png
And I agree that the 2 white Silkies are pullets as well.

Last edited:
On the 3, 7 week olds . Wait a cpl more weeks and see how their feathers fill in but they look like pullets with the exception that the white is larger. I would lean toward saying that one is a roo for that reason, but come back with new pics in a few wks, We love pics anyway :D

I have had the white silkies for a month know and the guy said they were 2 months old when we got them, I've had this black one since this last Friday and it's supposed to be 2 months

Same 2 white silkies

This is the silkie that was in the pic with the white ones

I was told this little guy was older than the black and red one above by 2 weeks he is so tiny got him this last Friday too

And I got this silkie Friday also I was told he just got done molting for the second time an he is younger than the lil silkie. Please help If you can with their sexes, Thank-you

Hey guys! I was hoping to get help potentially sexing my two silkies. We had four and two started crowing in the last month, so we found them new homes. :( yesterday we had to get rid of our favorite who looked SO feminine up until she started crowing. Out of these two babies, I have one that I think might just be a he, while the other has always looked girly to me. The first sets of pictures are when we FIRST got them, and the rest are from today. We weren't told their exact ages but they have recently left the peep stage, and we've had them over a month now.
Rufio
Noodle

Just realized that I can't see the pics before uploading... In the recent pics Rufio has more of the partridge coloring while Noodle is more of a muddled gray :D

Back
Top Bottom