silkie sexing

It's been a couple weeks and I wanted you all to take a look at my silkie and try to tell me if it's a pullet or roo. It's almost 4 months old but it's crest is not as large as my others and it has me so confused. I don't see any comb growth but I'm wondering what you all think.here are some new pictures.is the a male or female? Please help me guess!!

Last edited:

It's been a couple weeks and I wanted you all to take a look at my silkie and try to tell me if it's a pullet or roo. It's almost 4 months old but it's crest is not as large as my others and it has me so confused. I don't see any comb growth but I'm wondering what you all think.here are some new pictures.is the a male or female? Please help me guess!!
I say GIRL all the way !!

Thank you so much! I sure hope so . This one had me stumped because the crest isn't as large as my other young ones. She's starting to look more female now and has no comb growth. Ooh I hope it's a girl!! Thank you for your guess!!

Thank you chickie momma! She is sure a little rascle and has one of the best personality I've ever came across! She follows me and knows human words like treat and breakfast. She loves to snuggle on my belly and when she is is free ranging she will come up beside me and lay on her side so I can pet her while she lays in the sunshine. (I live in California) she is so inquisitive and so loving. I'm very blessed with this one! ! She's a character all right!

Posting here because this seems to be a better place for this:

I have two silkies. One is definitely roo, big streamers and such. The other is making a garbly crow and has a bigger comb than I'd expect for a female, but is the same age as the other roo so it seems odd that it would not be more obviously male by now. I would love any help decoding this.

Definitely Dude: Light Flashlight

Silkie in Question: Ninja Penguin

Back
Top Bottom