silkie sexing

Penguin looks like a boy i would guess as well because of the large comb . He's so adorable
1f495.png
1f495.png
1f414.png

Here are 4 of the 5 chicks I have, they are just 4 months old. Im guessing from what you have said there are two girls and two buys in this picture? i have alot of pictures of them but not of all 5 together, they are just too quick! These chicks was raised by Clarissa my white sussex so they havent gotten used to human contact as of yet, making it very tricky to get them to pose!

Hi the combs look a little large.my guess is roos for both .I'm guessing this because of the comb growth on both. But I could be wrong.silkies are so sneaky. They can really fool us..Also the crests on the birds look very male..females tend to have very round crests. For their age and comb growth I'm saying roo for both.

Sex them please! I have suddenly started receiving fertile eggs and I cannot figure out who is doing the fertilizing! Im at a loss on which is male or if they both are, there's no crowing, not comb that I can find
roll.png
. The top is about 25wks, the bottom chicken is about 23wks

Mystery above and Dot below, I don't have many pics of dot but I will get more tmrw if need be

Dot

Mystery looks like a lil hen to me, Dot definitely is the roo judging by the neck feathers... reminds me a lot of my boy, Willow facial/body type wise as well.

Thank you! I had my suspensions on Dot by the strange noises he makes! Some one another silkie thread stated that red leakage on the wings usually means a boy so I was pretty confused bc Mystery has a lot of red leakage.

Back
Top Bottom