silkie sexing

[/IMG]. Help!! I don't know which one is a cockerel but one is crowing and I just found a small egg in coop that most likely didn't come from my LF girls. I can't keep a roo so I need to know who's who.

The pic you have posted is definitely a roo.

[/IMG]. Help!! I don't know which one is a cockerel but one is crowing and I just found a small egg in coop that most likely didn't come from my LF girls. I can't keep a roo so I need to know who's who.

That looks like a roo in your photo. Notice the size of his comb. I'm guessing he's the one crowing. Hope this helps

aaggjg that looks like a hen ...... and the reason I say so is this.............

This is one of our splash (now hens) confirmed pullet at time of photo. Notice the roundness of the vault and how she is holding herself.

Last edited:
aaggjg that looks like a hen ...... and the reason I say so is this.............

This is one of our splash (now hens) confirmed pullet at time of photo. Notice the roundness of the vault and how she is holding herself.
Bargain its actually Fisherman's Wife's pullet .... I weighed in on my thoughts which are the same as yours :D HEN

Your girl is very cute!

Thanks Bargain! Nice to '"see" you here today! The chicks in my avatar are ones that I hatched from your eggs a year ago! Love them!! Also love to hear you thing my splash is a hen!! WooHoo!

Do black silkie hens have red combs (not sure if that is the right word?) on their face? Kind of like where the blue marks are on the white ones?

Back
Top Bottom