silkie sexing

I'm thinking roo? Someone else thinks hen.. Silkies are so cute and strange. What do you think?

By how old it looks, the easiest thing to do is look at the top of its comb at the very tip. If there's little spikes showing up, then it's definitely a rooster.

Not 100% sure, but I suspect one male and one female here- two white silkies I have that are about ten weeks old now.

Here is the suspected female:
(poofy hat, hangs out with the ee pullet, thin legs)

And here is the suspected male:
(swept back hat, more visible comb/ wattle buds, much thicker legs)

Not 100% sure, but I suspect one male and one female here- two white silkies I have that are about ten weeks old now.

Here is the suspected female:
(poofy hat, hangs out with the ee pullet, thin legs)

And here is the suspected male:
(swept back hat, more visible comb/ wattle buds, much thicker legs)

Your guesses look correct to me. waddles and combs look very different.

I keep hearing someone trying to crow, but have no idea who! I'd like to move who ever is crowing to a new home soon. They are a little under 10 weeks old. In my opinion (which isn't reliable because I am TERRIBLE at sexing silkies) I would say I have 2 definite roos and one possible hen? Maybe.
I know these photos aren't ideal. It's hard to get individual pictures of them because they never leave each others side! Ugh. Oh well. Let me know if you need additional photos.

I keep hearing someone trying to crow, but have no idea who! I'd like to move who ever is crowing to a new home soon. They are a little under 10 weeks old. In my opinion (which isn't reliable because I am TERRIBLE at sexing silkies) I would say I have 2 definite roos and one possible hen? Maybe. I know these photos aren't ideal. It's hard to get individual pictures of them because they never leave each others side! Ugh. Oh well. Let me know if you need additional photos.
The Two with Lighter beaks look male to me, based on combs and hats. I'm no expert, though, I've still got one that I have no clue on. :shrug

I keep hearing someone trying to crow, but have no idea who! I'd like to move who ever is crowing to a new home soon. They are a little under 10 weeks old. In my opinion (which isn't reliable because I am TERRIBLE at sexing silkies) I would say I have 2 definite roos and one possible hen? Maybe.
I know these photos aren't ideal. It's hard to get individual pictures of them because they never leave each others side! Ugh. Oh well. Let me know if you need additional photos.

Looks like two cockerels and a pullet to me. Two with much larger combs. I would try to get a picture where their crest is not wet, so that we can see if their crest is "poofy", "swept back", or if there are "streamers".

Looks like two cockerels and a pullet to me. Two with much larger combs. I would try to get a picture where their crest is not wet, so that we can see if their crest is "poofy", "swept back", or if there are "streamers".
It's been VERY rainy lately, but I'll try to get a photo when it dries up!

is there anychance this one could be a hen at all

Back
Top Bottom