silkie sexing

Does anyone know if/where you can get day old silkies that are sexed? Everywhere I look they are only sold as a straight run. Thanks!

Thankyou! I got them from a breeder here in CA. She is trying to get frizzles recognized as their own breed instead of variety. I'm definitely going to breed the paint when I can find some suitable unrelated birds. I don't want to breed her to her lesser quality possible sibs.

Well she sure is a beauty and hopefully you find some more nice quality sizzles/silkies

I honestly don't know I've never ordered from that hatchery but you should go check them out
They have them sexed, but their minimum order is 9 bantams or 8 mixed with standard and bantams.

Bummer, I don't "need" 8 new chickens. I wish that I could order just 3 or that someone near me would want to split an order!

Can anyone help sexing this little 6 week old beauty please.

Our first chick, one of two that hatched but the other one sadly didn't make it.

I've heard they have large fowl silkies over seas but idk if its accurate. In the US there are only the bantam silkies although(I forget which one) there is a US hatchery I stumbled upon that claims to have a larger white silkie to be used for their dark meat. I'm sure they're not bred for quality but size in that instance.

Back
Top Bottom