silkie sexing

Yeye my white hen looks nearly identical to yours but has zero comb.

I must admit my ignorance here too. I'm not seeing a "comb" really. I see--on each of my 4 silkie chicks--their beak and a couple of them have beaks that extend longer up their heads. Sammie (buff) is the best example I have of that.
On the other hand, Mima (hen-mom) just shows her beak and the rest of her face is poofy fluff, lol, and Muneco (roo-dad) has a red comb. I believe it is called a rose comb? (You can see the couple in my avatar pic).
Could their chicks have or will develope black combs? If so, then that's what's throwing me off.
I sill would love to find out why some silkies have a red combs/wattles and others have black. I assume one color is dominant over the other, just not clear on which.

Yeye i replied to your comment on my partridge if you scroll up. Maybe i poated in the wrong spot. Im new to this page.

I have a Silkie that I need help sexing.

:D;)

Yeye i replied to your comment on my partridge if you scroll up. Maybe i poated in the wrong spot. Im new to this page.

You did it just fine. I usually just quote a person's comment that I want to respond to and you did.
As for Ontario I couldn't be further south unless I was in Cuba! I live in Florida...oh well. What does CSF stand for? I'll still look them up. Thanks.

I have not a clue what csf stands for. She has black copper marans(i got mine there) silkies, and a few other breeds. She boards horses i believe. Then its also her family farm. To bad you were not closer theres a farm i go to a bit from me and he has every type of chicken you could think off! He breeds them, sells hatching eggs aswell. Beautiful birds there!

My silkies are a little over 4 months. The black one is a little bigger than the blue one. They don't act like roos, but that could be because they are low on the pecking order. So far I haven't seen them crowing (we have too many roos to just hear crowing). The roos treat them like hens, and the hens treat them like hens.

This is my Silkie in question. I am guessing a boy but the streamers are not super long in the back. Just a couple.... I also have a def. boy who is maybe at most a month older. The older one is super red in the face and has wattles. This one has zero wattles and all black in the face.

Back
Top Bottom