silkie sexing

Hi all!
A little help needed.
Got my silkie chick she is 2 months old
My friends said she is a lady.was the smallest roundest and fluffiest of all othes chicks.
I dont know what to think:(
In neeeed her to de a she.

Tnx

Looks like a she to me but I'm not the best with this lol. I do however have 3 roosters and they look much different. :)

Hi all!
A little help needed.
My friends said she is a lady.was the smallest roundest and fluffiest of all othes chicks.

Tnx

At 8 weeks she's too young to be sure but she looks to be a pullet so far. I would repost in 2-4 weeks.

Hi all!
A little help needed.

Tnx
I think you've got a pretty little pullet :)

Hi everyone! Great thread! I'm looking for help on sexing 2 of my 3 silkies. They are all about 3 months old. These are (from left to right)- horus, smaug, and gizzmo
I'm certain that Smaug (the white silkie) is a boy. He started crowing yesterday. He is considerably bigger than the other two and also has the large comb and significant waddles. I'm hoping that the other two are hens but I am worried that they are just beta roosters. Any help would be appreciated!

Close up of Chick #1 (Horus):

Close-ups of Chick #3 (Gizzmo):

For reference, close-ups of Chick #2 in the picture (Smaug)... the known roo:
I think this one may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Can anyone help me out with the two in the front?

I posted, a couple of weeks back, the 2nd set of pics of my 4 silkies that my silkie pair hatched. My question is:
I see a distinct set of wattles on my Sammie, and on one of the others I see smaller but will-be wattles. On a 3rd, I see a hint. On the 4th none.
Is it that Only cockerels (silkie cockerels) will have any wattles at all? Or might pullets have tiny wattles too? If wattles are a sign of male gender I believe I had 3 boys!

Back
Top Bottom