silkie sexing

I feel like I should be able to tell already! But I'm a bit stuck...They hatched out at the end of July. The first 2 pics belong to one and the lower 2 pics belong to the other.

Hi
I need some help with these 2.. the buff one is rougly 8 weeks and the grey around 11. What do you think

I'd say the buff is a cock, and the silver (partridge?) is a pullet. But at 11 and 8 weeks, you really can't be positive.
Keep us updated on pics as they age :)

Would that explain why my silkie roo seemed to pick on the buff one? I just thought maybe because it was the smallest and he was letting it know it was at the bottom of the pecking order...
I am pretty new to the chicken world so I'm not to sure how it all works

Would that explain why my silkie roo seemed to pick on the buff one? I just thought maybe because it was the smallest and he was letting it know it was at the bottom of the pecking order...
I am pretty new to the chicken world so I'm not to sure how it all works
Not necessarily :) Chickens will pick to show others their place. I've had some very bossy chicks who turn out to be hens.

I have two silkies, a white and a buff, 3 months old today. The white one is Sugar and the buff one is Spice. :)

Here is Sugar, three-quarters view and close-up of the face:

And here is Spice, front view and close-up of the face. (S)he's growing the next set of feathers right now, so looks kinda patchy:

And here's a butt pic, just cause silkie butts are the best. Sugar looks much taller in it, (s)he's really only a little bigger than Spice but Spice was crouching.

Looking at the combs, I'm thinking Sugar = rooster and Spice = hen. Am I guessing right?

Back
Top Bottom