silkie sexing

Hey everyone! I would love to read opinions on the gender of my baby silkie. It is approximately six weeks old. Thanks in advance!

Five and a half months old (21-22 weeks) white silkie bantam from MyPetChicken. No crowing, but noisy clucking and will do the crouch/squat thing that my other hens do for roosters. However, she/he is best buddies with my rooster and they never go anywhere without each other.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, would love your thoughts on this chick. Pics are from six and seven weeks old. New to silkies...hoping for a little girl! This little one is so sweet.
263a.png

Hey y'all, would love your thoughts on this chick. Pics are from six and seven weeks old. New to silkies...hoping for a little girl! This little one is so sweet.
263a.png

Close up of the comb would help. Also a standing side shot of its normal stance.

You sure it's only 6-7 weeks?
I'm guessing pullet so far but keep an eye on the back of the crest for streamers

Hen or Rooster?

Not sure if I am postin gin the right place but I have a 8 silkie chicks about 4 months and am trying to start weeding out the roos, this is one of 2 paints that I received (they were all a gift from my family for Christmas so I was not there to pick them out but were bought from a breeder of show chickens) what do you think -hen or roo?? I posted this in another thread but I think it might have been the wrong one. (sorry)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom