silkie sexing

Pics
Okay I will play along again and hopefully the outcome will be better for me this time :) Hen ????
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
This is Tiger my 9 week old Silkie ...... She is a little camera shy so these are the best pictures I could get for now ....
From what i can see her comb is none apparent and no red in the coloring ...she looks really girly to me :D

Oh yippee!!!! Thanks for the replies I was starting to think I got lost in the wash of posts :D She acts really girly too... always running and hiding at any noise and then coming out to see whats up ..... Not like my other silkie who stood up to the 3 week olds when he was 3 days old.... that should have been a clue he was a boy .....

Hi,
Fluff is approximately 5 weeks old. I posted my own thread on this but when I found this thread I  thought I would post here to see what everyone thinks. Pullet or Cockerel? I can get more pics if needed. I have another one named Puff  but don't have any pics yet. Will post when I do.
Thanks!

Cant really see her comb all that well ... But i think it maybe a she....:/still really young... If you see red the comb or wattles at young age then roo ... If you start to see streamers coiming in ( i have 2-3 month old whos streamers hhave started to come in....) girls tend to have rounder crest where as boys have a swooped back crest when younger... Atleast thats what ive noticed with mine ... But definately you should see syreamers round 3-4 months.... The other puff from your 1st photo the size of its comb makes me think roo...

Oh yippee!!!!  Thanks for the replies I was starting to think I got lost in the wash of posts :D She acts really girly too... always running and hiding at any noise and then coming out to see whats up .....  Not like my other silkie who stood up to the 3 week olds when he was 3 days old.... that should have been a clue he was a boy .....  

No problem :Dshes very pretty

I wanna play
smile.png

Here is Red, my today 13 week old not sure of sex Silkie. The chicken and the kitten happen to both be the same age (born on same day) and get along great, many many laughs in this house, no harm of the chicken whatever so happens so please no getting upset at the picture :O)
thumbsup.gif

And this is my 3 week old one still too young i think, but very skiddish along with the rest of the chicks,

If I had to say chickybums, you red silkie looks like a cock to me. But he/she is still pretty young, so that could change.

I have absolutely no idea about your 3 week old.

Back
Top Bottom