silkie sexing

Pics
This is Dobby my 10week old silkie,she is so much smaller than all my other bantams... i sooo hope that its a girl...Please give me good news
big_smile.png

fl.gif

fl.gif

fl.gif

Thanks in advance i hope is it good news, i love her!!!!!
love.gif

Just now reading this thread. How horrible that you lost Pricila Pearl. I lost a black silkie chick to spraddle leg too. Will never use slick flooring again for newborns.
I was heartbroken over Valentina as I am sure you were over Pearl.

Last edited:
hi dose a read comb mean it's a boy or can girls have a red comb? if there are little nubs where the spurs will normally be that are sorta sharp on an 8 week old dose that mean it's a roo? what age do they start crowing at? I need to know by June 30 to fill out some forms for 4-H. I'll try to post some pics.
thanks.

hi dose a read comb mean it's a boy or can girls have a red comb? if there are little nubs where the spurs will normally be that are sorta sharp on an 8 week old dose that mean it's a roo? what age do they start crowing at? I need to know by June 30 to fill out some forms for 4-H. I'll try to post some pics.
thanks.
pics would help...as for spurs they do not tell the gender of a chicken. i have heard that some crow at a few days old and others can take about 6 months. im worried about the comb it should have started off black and as it turns "red" it should look more of a mulberry color

thanks.

Red in comb at 8weeks usually indicates roo... But yes pictures will help.

Back
Top Bottom