Silkie thread!

changed it, check it now =)

I like that much better.
thumbsup.gif

What do y'all think of my non bearded rooster? His foot feathering is really excellent on one foot as where the othe he has broken some. He has a good dip with his tail high up and alert.
I like his beak, crest, comb, and chest. I can't really see his feet well. To check for hard feathers in his tail, press the flat of your hand over his cushion and feel for hard quills. Over all, he looks very nice to me.

I like his beak, crest, comb, and chest. I can't really see his feet well. To check for hard feathers in his tail, press the flat of your hand over his cushion and feel for hard quills. Over all, he looks very nice to me. 

Thanks I will have to get a better picture soon. He is covered in watermelon juice and its raining outside.

Look what hatched today! My son is super excited!

I've had my Catdance cock with a trio of pullets for two months. I've got two broody hens setting on some and I put eighteen in the incubator. I have two more White boys waiting in the wings to mature a bit before giving them a go. This one cockerel is Sheryl Butler breeding. I hatched him out on Dec. 31, 2012. He is only six and a half months old! Hes been crowing since four months old and trying to breed since five. He is rough and inexperienced with the girls but his type is so spectacular I'm switching out with the Catdance boy. He needs a rest anyway.
Took him out of the pen as is. Dirty and and broken foot feathering. Still....I am so happy with the way he is coming along. Meet Mr. Big Foot. Named by my then two year old Grandson.

His cushion has been trimmed. I'm really looking forward to chicks by this guy.
He's a handsome boy! Love your pictures!!
Looking good!
What do y'all think of my non bearded rooster? His foot feathering is really excellent on one foot as where the othe he has broken some. He has a good dip with his tail high up and alert.
One of the nicest non-bearded roos I've seen. More pictures would be helpful. :D
Thanks I will have to get a better picture soon. He is covered in watermelon juice and its raining outside.

HI,

I need help I have a laverender hen and a partridge rooster. They have been together for about 3 months. I hatched out a solid white chick from them. The chick is about 8 weeks old.
I thought that it would change colors it has not, I do not understand how this happened. Please any info would help on this issue.

thank you,
Richard

HI,

I need help I have a laverender hen and a partridge rooster. They have been together for about 3 months. I hatched out a solid white chick from them. The chick is about 8 weeks old.
I thought that it would change colors it has not, I do not understand how this happened. Please any info would help on this issue.

thank you,
Richard

It sounds as if both your birds also carry recessive white. Recessive white covers all colors with two copies, so it needs to be supplied from both parents. Also - any of the other normally colored children have a 50% chance of getting recessive white - so their children will have White come up too. If you don't want White - you will have to do a LOT of breeding - and test breedings - until you can eliminate the recessive white from your birds. Since you used a Lavender hen - they are also split to Lavender and carrying Partridge - so could throw Lavender OR White chicks or who knows what .. you are really getting into a genetic stewpot there.

He's a handsome boy! Love your pictures!!
Looking good!
One of the nicest non-bearded roos I've seen. More pictures would be helpful. :D

He came from a breeder and she said that she showed him and saved the best show one for me. He is soaking wet and covered in red watermelon juice. For such pretty birds they sure are messy.

Back
Top Bottom