Silkie thread!

Pics

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
I did a search and couldnt seem to find a silkie thread so i thought i would start one... I am getting a pretty good show quality silkie on friday.
Here is one of my old silkie hens. (i believe she was either partridge or silver...) R.I.P.
ChickPicks548.jpg

ChickPicks547.jpg

ChickPicks545.jpg

Hopefully i will have better luck with my new white silkie. I am hoping she really is good quality because i plan on showing her..
This is what she is going to looks like: (its a horrible pic and no she doesnt have red skin)
Whitesilk.jpg

Now lets see your silkies!!!!!

35375_silkie_with_chicks.jpg

This is one of my silkies with some chicks that she hatched for other hens. She's a great mum!
I realize that giving your silkie a regular haircut probably counts as sacrilege in these circles... but all our chickens free-range and therefore need to see where they're going. They always become much more agile after visiting the chicken barber
hide.gif

Wow, nice pics! I really like the show pics, too. I think it's a great "hobby" to have. With everything you hear in the news, life can really be depressing. But then I walk out into my chicken coop, and see my sweet innocent chickens, and it makes the world just seem better, honestly. I just wish some people would find a rewarding hobby, like we do, instead of putting their energy into non-productive, and harmful things. Anyway... Back to Silkies!!!

26636_100_3327.jpg

Not the best pic - they sort of seem to blend in with the wall behind them.

Back
Top Bottom