Silkie thread!

I thought this one was a white. Now it has blue feathers coming in. What color would you call it.

Ideas on colors? I have my thoughts but this is my first time with these colored silkies. Also, we are looking for names for both :)

Buff partridge mix and possibly a splash or a mix? I'm really not sure. I have a girl who is almost 8 weeks that looks similar to yours. I think she may turn out half buff half blue, but I'm not sure. I think I may have seen a buff tail feather today. I've decided to name her Hilde (short for Hildegard) after a character in the movie His Girl Friday, although it is spelled Hildy in the credits. I have a Splash hen named Nermal. I have 3 more Splashes, I believe to be girls. I've named one Dottie and the other Osh Kosh (Oshie) of all things. Perhaps my odd choice of names has inspired you. I am selling my 3rd girl along with some buffs if anyone was interested. My ad is in the for sale section and I am located in MA. Here is my buff/blue chick, Hilde that I mentioned:

Hi All!
Looking for your expert opinions. I purchased this little one as a splash a couple months ago. Is it a splash? I have noticed that some of the black feathers go the whole length of the feather. Could it be paint? Also curious if anyone would guess male or female. Thank you!

Hi All! Looking for your expert opinions. I purchased this little one as a splash a couple months ago. Is it a splash? I have noticed that some of the black feathers go the whole length of the feather. Could it be paint? Also curious if anyone would guess male or female. Thank you!
If the colour goes all the way down to the skin, paint. Those pin feathers on her /his crest are wicked. You will probably have to wait till the crest feathers in to get accurate opinions on gender.

Back
Top Bottom