Silkie thread!

She/he seems to have a kind of "poofy" head lol 5 toes and feathered legs/feet
(I had to hold her still because she kept trying to fly/run away)

it's a Silkie

Ok well the black or grey looking ones can either be black grey or blue and the number 7 is probably white number 3-4 is white number 1 is partridge number two might be splash of they are silkies and the bottom front one might be splash also

I went ahead and included pictures of all the bantams I picked up. Maybe someone on here will be able to ID all of them.

#1- I have heard both polish and silkie.

#2 I don't think these two are silkies- but I really don't know.

#3 This one is more of a cream color

#4 This one is a white (obviously)

#5 I picked this one out hoping for a black silkie- I don't think it's even a silkie. Of course I don't know all the color possibilities either.

#6 I thought this one was a blue, maybe?

#7 This one- another white

#8 I don't think these are silkies either- but I thought I'd double check with you guys.
all others are Silkies except the right one in number two.the one on the left of number two will be a partidge Silkie.

Last edited:
I do have a black silki rooster I am willing to part with. He is not a bearded silki. I have a total of 2 black and 1 white roosters and only 3 white hens. I need a blue hen or cock to go with them. I am in northeast Ohio

I went ahead and included pictures of all the bantams I picked up. Maybe someone on here will be able to ID all of them.

#1- I have heard both polish and silkie.

#2 I don't think these two are silkies- but I really don't know.

#3 This one is more of a cream color

#4 This one is a white (obviously)

#5 I picked this one out hoping for a black silkie- I don't think it's even a silkie. Of course I don't know all the color possibilities either.

#6 I thought this one was a blue, maybe?

#7 This one- another white

#8 I don't think these are silkies either- but I thought I'd double check with you guys.

I would say that there are a few silkies in there. # 5 has hard feathers , so I'd say no to that one and #2.
Polish also have 5 toes. :)

I'm pretty sure Polish only have 4 toes. I'm 100% positive they don't have feathered legs, so none of those chicks are Polish. They all look like Silkies, except for maybe that little black one (which still looks a lot like a Silkie, so probably a Silkie mix). The chicks in picture #2 look sort of like silver laced or silver penciled Cochins. The brown Silkies are partridge, one looks blue, the cream colored ones are probably white. Those are my guesses anyway :)

I'm pretty sure Polish only have 4 toes. I'm 100% positive they don't have feathered legs, so none of those chicks are Polish. They all look like Silkies, except for maybe that little black one (which still looks a lot like a Silkie, so probably a Silkie mix). The chicks in picture #2 look sort of like silver laced or silver penciled Cochins. The brown Silkies are partridge, one looks blue, the cream colored ones are probably white. Those are my guesses anyway :)

Sorry my mistake, houdans are what I was thinking ofmy friend breeds both. Shouldn't type so early in the morning. Point is there are some silkies in there but some birds have penciling and hard feathers. :)
All of my silkie crosses have 5 toes .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom