Silkie thread!

It's been very rainy the past few days, and my birds are looking, well, shall we say, 'rough'. This bird right here...

is the same bird as this pic. What a difference a little water and mud can make!

Made me laugh!!
Something chewed a hole in the actual wall of my building!! I'm glad I caught it today, because it wouldn't take much more to tear it out. The whole building is make of particle board (we didn't build it- just turned it into the chicken building. I just noticed how easy it is to tear up the wall :( We are going to reenforce with it with stronger wood and wired. I need a new building.

Pam
OMG! So glad you caught it!
My Catdance babies. Lavenders, Porcelain, Buff, and split (wonder if he'll be black or blue- I'm really hoping black. He has a little halo around his head.
love.gif
And how people line up chicks, all looking at the camera- I have no idea. _Pam Pittman
So adorable! That chick will likely be black
This is my buff silkie rooster. I am keeping one silkie rooster per color and was wondering if he looked good enough to keep as my breeding rooster. Thanks!!
He's a pretty boy but one photo isn't nearly enough for a fair evaluation. He has a nice medium crest and good beard. His comb is on the light side which is common in lighter buffs. Looks like he has a nice tail. I don't see any hard feathers. I'm a bit concerned about his wings, but boys often don't hold their wings very high and it's not necessarily a problem.

My Catdance babies. Lavenders, Porcelain, Buff, and split (wonder if he'll be black or blue- I'm really hoping black. He has a little halo around his head.
love.gif
And how people line up chicks, all looking at the camera- I have no idea. _Pam Pittman
I am gonna guess, Blue
It's been very rainy the past few days, and my birds are looking, well, shall we say, 'rough'. This bird right here...

is the same bird as this pic. What a difference a little water and mud can make!

Mine look like that too, but not from water and dirt. Mine are on FF and it has the same effect on the beard and crest feathers. Then they proceed to preen the feed off each other.

I've had these babies for a week.

I guess these are blues. The chick on the right has a really puffy face and head.
Their feet feathers are stuck together from standing in their damp food.

Same two from pic 1.

This one has a lot of red on its head and back. Again please over look the feet. They do have feathers. Can any one give me a hint as to what it will look like as a adult. I would love a Calico.

Same chick in pic3.

These 3 are colored about the same. Are they Partridge?

Looks like this one will have a big crest.

These are my first Silkies. I went back to the store, but their Silkies had gotten lost in the mail and only 10 out of 200 had made it. I was afraid to get any of those. I want to get the different colors and I believe I should be looking for the puffy faces and heads like the blue on the left in 1st and 2nd picture right? Sorry for so many pics. but I figure someone can tell me about these guys.

Made me laugh!!
OMG! So glad you caught it!
So adorable! That chick will likely be black
He's a pretty boy but one photo isn't nearly enough for a fair evaluation. He has a nice medium crest and good beard. His comb is on the light side which is common in lighter buffs. Looks like he has a nice tail. I don't see any hard feathers. I'm a bit concerned about his wings, but boys often don't hold their wings very high and it's not necessarily a problem.

Anyone need a nice silkie rooster? I have these for sale...PM me for details. :)

Black...5 Months..

Splash...6 Months...

Splash...6 Months Old...

anyone have high quality silkie eggs for sale that can be set in time for the "easter hatch a long"? blue, black, splash, and paint are my favorite colors but will consider other colors as well. I thought I was content with pet quality but after seeing all these beautiful photos I am jealous and want some that I can show off as well. thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom